February 9, 2023

The Department of Labor and Employment-Cordillera has announced several award assistance and program collaboration with the city government this year.
These include the payment of P1.6 million as its 40 percent counterpart for the salaries of 400 poor but deserving students of this year’s Special Program for the Employment of Students with the city shouldering the remaining 60 percent.
The first batch of SPES grantees are scheduled to start work in various government offices and agencies from April 20 to June 1 while the second batch is slated from June 8 to July 20, according to the city’s Public Employment Services Office.
DOLE-Cordillera Director Exequiel Guzman said he hopes the amount will help the city government in financing poor but deserving students finish their education.
He also presented a cheque amounting to P244,500 for the salaries of 50 indigent beneficiaries from Irisan as part of his agency’s  emergency employment program or Tulong Pangkabuhayan for Disadvantaged Workers. 
“It is an honor to be of service and we assure that the DOLE will always work in support of the city government through the administration of Mayor Benjamin Magalong,” Guzman said.
He said that DOLE has P3.6M livelihood funds this year that will be coordinated with the city government through the PESO, which will implement and identify qualified beneficiaries for its programs and services.
“We are actively collaborating with the city government for the protection of our workers especially in the enforcement of labor standards.  We also work with employers for the strict implementation of occupational safety and health standards so that every resident of the city will be protected,” Guzman said.
Magalong thanked the regional director for all the support the DOLE gives the city government especially on its livelihood programs. – Gaby Keith