January 29, 2023

BONTOC, Mountain Province – All crowd-drawing and tourism activities in town have been suspended. 
In his executive order dated March 9, Mayor Franklin Odsey said reunions and festivals or events where around 100 individuals or more will participate are prohibited in the meantime.
Odsey’s issuance of the EO is based on President Rodrigo Duterte’s Proclamation 922, which declared a nationwide public health emergency due to the local transmission of the Covid-19.
Weddings and wakes on the other hand, are exempt provided that the wedding celebrants or the family of the deceased undertake precautionary measures. 
The mayor also directed all tourist guides or operators not to receive local or foreign guests. 
“Tourists who are merely passing through the municipality shall be advised to proceed to their intended destination and not to linger within the municipality,” Odsey said in his executive order. 
The mayor said suspension of crowd-drawing and tourism activities is a precautionary measure being undertaken by the local government to prevent the spread of the Covid-19. 
The local government of Bontoc has been implementing precautionary actions since the Covid-19 was reported in the Philippines. The Municipal Health Office has been conducting information education and communication campaigns in schools and through the media. The MHO and the Department of Health provincial office also oriented barangay officials, barangay midwives and barangay health workers about the Covid- 19 last month. – Alpine L. Killa