December 4, 2022

City Health Officer Rowena Galpo called on the public to continue observing the minimum public health standards in the wake of World Health Organization’s projection of a possible hike in Covid-19 cases in May.
“Please do not be complacent. Do not neglect the minimum public health standards. Our response systems are in place to handle the increase but we should work together to avoid it.  Please continue wearing your masks; and observe physical distancing, handwashing and cough etiquette, and ensure proper ventilation,” Galpo said.
The reminder applies to residents and tourists who have been flocking to the city since travel protocols have loosened last March.
The WHO said it does not discount the possibility of another wave happening in the country after the May 9 elections due to the proliferation of poll-related activities where safety protocols had been set aside.
Mayor Benjamin Magalong and City Administrator Bonifacio dela Peña have assured that the city’s Covid-19 response has remained intact to handle the eventuality. – Aileen Refuerzo