October 2, 2023

Dear Manang,
I wonder if government offices act on spurious complaints without the correct address and the correct name of the person of interest. Neighbors will find it easy to harass others if the government reacts to every trivial matter that is presented to their offices and they don’t discern on the merit of the complaint. It is annoying to keep receiving summons for something already responded to but the name simply changed. Mind you this is personally delivered by an employee of the office. I wonder if I can verify with the office about the complainant and the complaint, particularly how they choose which ones to pursue?
Unreasonable of DPS Compound, Baguio City

Dear Unreasonable,
We have every right to know how governments are run. It is meritorious to know how they sieve through the mounds of complaints received by their offices but one thing is sure, they do not act without proper information and data on the case. Well, the important thing is to go to the office of your concern and start from there. I am pretty sure you will be able to open a can of worms.
God bless you,

Dear Manang,
I am living with a person who is estranged from his wife. Recently, we had a big quarrel and almost split up. When I returned, I discovered that he was talking to his wife again and it looked like it was going to happen that they would get back. I stood by him and said that I was not leaving until he said he didn’t need me anymore but he told her that he was staying with me. I don’t know what to think. Should I leave? He fooled me for the short time that I left his side.
Gamby of Sablan, Benguet

Dear Gamby,
You are one foolish person. You know where you stand, on uneven grounds from the beginning. You cannot even speculate on anything because he is still married. I would presume that you just need to keep him happy if you want to stay close. Don’t even dare get jealous because you have no right and you were aware from the start.
Be happy with your situation,