December 4, 2022

Residents and visitors will have a chance to witness a number of events that will be lined up for the staging of the 2021 edition of the Panagbenga as part of the efforts of the city and the organizers to gradually and safely open the local tourism industry.
Mayor Benjamin B. Magalong said he approved in principle the conduct of limited events of the Panagbenga that will start in February until the first week of March.
He said the streetdancing and grand float parades will not be allowed as part of the preventive measures to contain the spread of the Covid-19.
Activities that were approved include the landscaping competition among schools and barangays and other similar activities that will not draw huge crowds to converge at certain areas.
The the 25th edition of the Panagbenga was cancelled last year due to the threat of the Covid-19.
Magalong said members of the Board of Trustees of the Baguio Flower Festival Foundation, Inc. will be constantly providing the local government with updates on the preparations for the annual festival.
He said adherence to the basic health and safety protocols among the organizers and the public will be reiterated. – PIO release