November 28, 2022

The City Environment and Parks Management Office has called out the contractor undertaking the office’s sewerline construction project at P. Burgos barangay for failing to comply with its contractual obligations resulting to the project’s slow progress.
Mayor Benjamin Magalong who inspected the project last week expressed displeasure over the status of the project, which according to him, aside from being delayed, is also untidy, disorderly, and unsafe.
Cepmo head Rhenan Diwas said the office had issued directives to the contractor to undertake the project based on the applicable engineering standards and to employ construction methods to complete the project within the schedule, to no avail.
Diwas said since the project duration had already lapsed, the Cepmo had prepared a notice to be forwarded to the Bids and Awards Committee for Infrastructure Projects to apprise the body for failure by the contractor to comply with its contractual obligations.
He said this could result to possible blacklisting or prohibition of the said contractor to participate in city government funded projects.
The project covers 552.8 meters with a fund cost of P4.9 million.  Its target date of completion was last May 30. – Aileen P. Refuerzo