June 21, 2024

The Philippine Statistics Authority-Benguet advised solemnizing officers assigned to a church in Benguet and Baguio City to acquire or renew their Certificate of Registration of Authority to Solemnize Marriage (Crasm) License.

The PSA said Crasm licenses are valid for three years, but the validity period for resident aliens who wish to register their Crasm license may be less than three years, depending on the period they are allowed to stay in the Philippines as stated in their Alien Certificate of Registration or ACR I-card.

Crasm licenses that expire on the last day of December can be renewed on the first day of October  of the year the license is expiring.

This is to prevent congestion of application for renewal on the last weeks of December and to facilitate the issuance of Crasm licenses to those with scheduled solemnization on the first week of January.

Solemnizing officers whose Crasm license expired on Dec. 31, 2021 are encouraged to file for renewal at the earliest possible time.

Administrative Order 1 s. 2007 tasked the PSA to implement the rules and regulations governing the procedures in the Registration of the Authority to Solemnize Marriage of solemnizing officers.

Those who must register their authority solemnize are bishops, heads/founders of religions or religious sect, priests, imams, tribal heads/leaders/chieftains, and other religious ministers or pastors.

Solemnizing officers are advised wear their personal protective equipment when visiting the PSA office and prepare the documentary requirements.

Those who cannot visit the office due to health or other concerns can authorize representatives to do the transaction on their behalf.

Inquiries may be sent to [email protected] or parties may contact 246-8104 or 620-5516.

Applicants must present endorsement/recommendation letter with the following information: proper addressee, full name of the applicant solemnizing officer, complete residential address, name and address of the church assignment, and the extent of his territorial jurisdiction.

The territorial jurisdiction is determined by the endorsing officer of the religion or religious sect. The head of religion or religious sect endorsement/recommendation shall emanate from the Board of Trustees/Directors.

For regular member pastors/ministers their endorsement/recommendation shall emanate from the head of organization as indicated in their General Information Sheet.

For sole corporate religion or religious sects, the head shall submit a sworn statement duly notarized, or if there is a set of officers such as church council or council of elders then the endorsement may also emanate from the said officers.

The Crasm licenses are released within three to five working days if the requirements are complete. – Press release