23 structures along RROW removed
Twenty-three more structures that encroached into the road right-of-way along Marcos Highway were removed as clearing operations resumed last Jan. 23 and 24.
Assistant City Engineer Constancio Imson of the City Engineering Office, who heads the clearing operations, said of the number, owners of four structures undertook the demolition on their own before the date of operations while six more followed suit during the day itself.
Imson assessed that the operations, which started Sept. 19 last year, have accomplished more than 50 percent of its target.
A total of 287 structures were identified for removal under the anti-road obstruction drive of the national government and of the number, 122 were able to present land documents including those subjected to court cases and covered by restraining orders.
Of the 165 structures that have no documents, close to a hundred were removed.
Succeeding demolition operations are in the works in the area until the target has been achieved.
Imson said the DPWH has also provided initial figures of the structures up for removal along Naguilian and Kennon roads at 330 and 95, respectively.
The RROW clearing was based on the President’s directive to clear roads nationwide of obstructions. – Aileen P. Refuerzo