December 6, 2022

The city government will not pursue plans of suing a group of actors for breaching health protocols, but will instead impose stringent rules for other groups that intend to film in Baguio.

Executive Assistant IV Althea Rosanna Alberto said the group, composed of about 100 people including actor Arjo Atayde have already apologized for the breach in protocols such as traveling back to Manila and coming back to Baguio without passing through a triage.

To avoid a repeat of the incident, she said the city government has polished the guidelines for those who intend to film in Baguio.

On top of existing requirement that the entire team have to remain in their bubble for the duration of filming, other conditions would be for the team to be fully vaccinated; submit list of areas where filming will be done; list of accommodation facilities where the team will be staying; list of the names of the team; exclusive use of vehicles in ferrying the team in and around the city; and designation of a safety protocol officer to monitor compliance of team of minimum health standards.

Last August, Mayor Benjamin Magalong ordered the investigation of the group after 10 of them turned positive for the Covid-19.

The group was permitted to film in Baguio with the condition that they remain in their bubble during the duration of their stay in the city.

The mayor said initial investigation showed that there were instances when the crew went home then returned in Baguio, without passing through the city triage.

He also said the crew reneged on its commitment that the group has to be tested monthly.

Four groups have so far asked for a permit from the City Mayor’s Office to film in Baguio. – Rimaliza A. Opiña