CDRRMC bares 2020 programs
The City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council (CDRRMC) chaired by Mayor Benjamin Magalong presented its programs, projects, and activities for 2020 during its first quarterly meeting last week.
CDRRM Officer Yolanda Munar reported this year’s total DRRM fund is P101,500,000 where 70 percent (P71,050,000) is allocated to the four thematic areas while the remaining 30 percent (P30,450,000) is for the quick response fund (QRF).
The four thematic areas are prevention and mitigation, preparedness, response, and rehabilitation and recovery.
Munar said the city has already donated P1.6M from the QRF to eight municipalities in Batangas affected by the Taal Volcano eruption in compliance to Ordinance 7, s. 2020.
Prevention and mitigation covers mainstreaming of the CDRRMC activities through the reproduction and distribution of information, education, and communication materials.
Activities under preparedness include community action for disaster response and emergencies for 10 public schools and various trainings for different groups, simulation exercises, meetings, national disaster resilience month, procurement of emergency equipment and other related programs.
Programs, projects, and activities under response are provision of transportation, medical services, and burial to affected individuals in Baguio; conduct of critical incident stress debriefing to disaster victims; assistance to other local government units stricken by calamities; contingency and operational funds during emergencies and disasters; and response fund availability for immediate disbursement during declaration of a state of calamity.
Provision of physical and psychosocial interventions; livelihood programs for disaster victims, emergency shelter assistance, and food for work are under the rehabilitation and recovery thematic area.
One of the city government’s 15-point collective core agenda is efficient disaster management. – Gaby Keith