June 24, 2024

The city government obligated P377 million for various Covid-19 operations enabling the city to effectively and efficiently handle the impact of the pandemic over the past two years.
However, City Budget Officer Leticia O. Clemente said for this year, there has been a drastic decline in the funds for Covid-19 operations, which is only P75.9M as the city anticipates better times in a new normal situation amidst the emerging threat of the more infectious and more transmissible Omicron variant.
Clemente said bulk of the expenses for Covid-19 response was for the emergency hiring of health workers to staff the different isolation centers and the maintenance of these facilities, aside from the procurement of the medical supplies for patients who have been required to undergo isolation.
She said funds may not be enough to address the prevailing situation in the city but opportunities are limitless, thus, the city government continues to explore ways to augment the city’s resources through various means.
Clemente said most of the recommendations of the City Budget Office and the Local Finance Committee had been acted upon by concerned city officials swiftly and deliberated leading the city to have a sound fiscal management of its limited resources for programs, projects, and activities. – PIO release