May 26, 2024

Dear Manang,
What am I supposed to do? I have recently complained and filed a VAWC (Violence Against Women and Children) case against my husband. Above it all, there is another woman who has come forward to say that she used to share her life with him too and wants to file the same charges against him. If this is the case, how do we get support for all the kids? Should I be obliged to share or allow her to get a part of it?
Dione of Adiwang, Baguio City

Dear Dione,
Let it take its course. I am sure that the laws are there to help the disadvantaged. I wish I could tell you that you can get your justice for the emotional and physical pain in this way but I have yet to see a court fulfill its decisions. Some of the wives that I know were starving with their kids until they decided they had to solve their own problems. What’s more with the other one who is not even married to him. Get your acts together and help yourself.
Get up and start over,

Dear Manang,
I have such an inferiority complex because I have red spots in my elbows, neck, and legs. The doctor calls it psoriasis and there is no cure for it. I tend to hide these by wearing clothes that cover these flaws. Recently, I found someone who likes me as much as I like him. I am afraid that when I tell him about this he might leave me. I am already heartbroken at the thought.
Miala of Engineer’s Hill, Baguio City

Dear Miala,
The real gauge of love is acceptance. It makes me romantic to think about the Korean dramas where this love can be profound to declare that the mission of life is to make someone happy for the rest of their lives. I am a hopeless romantic and I think that if he is Mr. Right, then those flaws are not obstacles. If he is not and he leaves you, he was not meant. Easily said, I know it is difficult.
I say declare soonest,